To be an everyday church, which is loved by the district people and which is praising God and having favor with all the people. (Acts 2:47a)
- A municipality bordering with the capital city Riga
- Home of advanced chemical and pharmacy companies
- 21 000 inhabitants
- Five very small Evangelical churches attended by less than 1% of the population
The team leader Oskars Lūsis is the former Head of Department at Riga Technical University. After the M4 Latvia assessment team’s recommendation, Oskars left his job at the University and went into ministry training. He was licensed as a preacher by the Union of Baptist Churches in Latvia on September 1, 2019. Oskars is married to Elina, a very gifted musician and music teacher, and they have three sons.
Our church team finished the M4 Team Process several years ago, but during that period the core team changed. Currently our core team consists of 6 very committed people and we focus on reaching families with children.
The next 12 months, for us, are all about “automatization and virtualization” – we need to automate our building, to be more efficient and to continue serving people.
- Find support and organize 3 summer camps. Involve in them as many church plant’s local friends as possible.
- Continue building our facility building: install an automated heating system and modern audio and video system for church gatherings and events.
In 3-5 years, we will become financially independent with adequately furnished premises for multitasking. We work towards having a building where all kinds of activities – camps, lessons, events, lectures and Sunday services – could take place.
Recommendation from the M4 Latvia leader Kaspars Šterns
Both Oskars and Elina are very dedicated to their ministry in Olaine. They have built good relationships with local people and do good ministry by reaching out to families. We see a great need to plant healthy, growing churches in Olaine which is considered a suburb of Riga, our capital city.
We are part of the Union of Baptist Churches in Latvia.