- WHY: Being people oriented; everyone fulfils their life mission; reaching people & being around them, not separated from non-church people
- WHAT: Relationships, community, support; resources for everyone
- HOW: Mentoring & coaching in various formats; limited number of church ministries; developing external platforms for reaching people and partnerships
- The center of the Western part of Ukraine
- A very religious place, as well as a city filled with IT expertise and many tourists.
- Around 1 million inhabitants
Some 30 evangelical churches; 10 of them have more than 100 members
The leader of the team, Yaroslav Pyzh has been the President of Ukrainian Baptist Theological Seminary (UBTS) in Lviv, Ukraine, since 2014. UBTS has a strong emphasis on missional mentality in all ministries and a church planting program. Yaroslav is actively involved in developing the church planting movement in Ukraine. He is a National Leader of M4 Ukraine as well as has hosted one of the Exponential roundtables in Ukraine in 2020. Yaroslav was part of a church planting team three years ago (Ukrainian Bible Church, Lviv, Ukraine).
There are 25 people on the team. We are in the initial phase of planting a church. The team will join the M4 Team Process in fall 2021.
Recommendation from the M4 Europe leader: Øivind
Plan for the next 12 months:
- Develop foundational documents (mission, vision, values, goals) by June 1
- Engage 90% of the team in mentoring/coaching relationships by September 1
- Start the 2nd church campus with 50 people by December 1
- Expose to the Gospel 100 people on a monthly basis by using the three “platforms” where the team is already fully present (ministry to orphans and teenagers from the poor families; businessmen community and Prayer breakfast with non-church university-level educators).
- Engage at least 15-20 people in personal mentoring/coaching relationships by December 1
- Train a team of leadership for the 2nd church campus and find a location by December 1
In 3-5 years, we will:
- Have 3-5 new church campuses
- Have a core leadership team of 15-20 people
- Develop strong ties with the city through professional involvement of church members in the marketplace
- Develop the church-wide coaching/mentoring practices
- Engage 80% of the church members into an active Kingdom mentality through their professional involvement
Recommendation from the M4 Europe leader Øivind Augland
Jaroslav is a pioneer leader with a lot of proven fruit in his life. The fact that he wants to model church planting to a new generation, moving out and taking leadership in this locally, expresses a lot of the attitude and values in Jaroslav’s life and ministry. I highly recommend him and his new initiative.
We are part of the Ukrainian Baptist Union and strongly connected to the Ukrainian Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Instagram: instagram.com/journeychurch